The World’s Most Curly is ready for One Water Race
February 23, 2022
A race on water 2022
/ENDURANCE SPORTSWIRE/ – The most curly team in the world and one of the most spirited in the world of endurance racing, Team Curl is now ready for the One Water Race, the world’s toughest endurance race, August 23-25, 2022. Team #7, USA is a team of deserving endurance runners whose strength lies in their team spirit and can-do attitude in the face of extreme challenges. Perhaps the most important force and a team that adds an important dimension to One Water Race.
The first official One Water Race, August 23-25, 2022, a new concept that strives to establish the toughest endurance race in the world. Runners will face one of mankind’s toughest challenges, on land and sea, 250km, Stockholm, Sweden. A new era in endurance racing and climate activation – all to benefit our global waters and the awarding of $100,000 in prize money.
– We followed Team Curl in Eco Challenge Fiji and were impressed with their strength and personality, such an important part of extreme challenges. One Water Race is another dimension but we think the team is very competitive and a real challenger, explains Thomas Ogander.
One Water Race is a concept created to be the ultimate proof of human capability, through a unique combination of adventure racing, orienteering, swimrun, ultramarathon and distance and combination running, swimming and sailing. One Water Race is a professional race and created for the best endurance runners in the world. A level required to take up the extreme challenge, 250 kilometers from Arholma in the north to Landsort in the south, a distance of 6 marathons in running and swimming. Nonstop.
A water race is suitable for a maximum of 10 teams, each team is made up of 3 racers and a team captain, both genders must be represented and be on the course at all times. One Water Race wants to reward runners for the extreme effort required with one of the biggest cash prizes in endurance racing, $100,000.
The admission process is difficult and it is of the utmost importance to ensure that the participating teams have the required capacity. The repechage continues and Thomas Ogander can field the seventh team for One Water Race 2022 – Team No 7, USA. A team of awesome endurance racers with experience from Eco Challenge Fiji, Ironman Kona World Championship, Ironman 70.3 World Championships, Arizona Trail Race, Trans Monterey Bay Swim, Odyssey Alcatraz Swim, high-altitude mountaineering expeditions and non-stop multi-day runs.
Team #7, United States
Brett Gravlin, 40, Santa Cruz, California, USA
Lara Sloan, 44, Santa Cruz, California, USA
Justin Smith, 39, Santa Cruz, California, USA
Team captain, to be determined
– They are an impressive team with a great attitude and team spirit that will take them far. They are also seafarers with a commitment to our global waters that aligns well with the values of One Water Race. However, a challenge will be the preference for waffles and the question is how this will affect them during the race, says Thomas Ogander.
– Team Curl is all about showing people that you can push your limits and have fun along the way. Grinding and being in the cave of pain is a place we relish and try to visit as often as possible. We bring a multitude of sporting disciplines that go beyond swimming and running and we believe this helps us to work together and really find ways to succeed when all looks bleak. The Swedish archipelago is one of the most magical places on the planet and getting to push your bodies to the limit in this environment and One Water Race is the dream, says Brett Gravlin.
Deserves Team No. 7, USA
- Collegiate Swimmer, University of California, Santa Cruz
- 2001 Trans Monterey Bay Swim Guinness Book of World Records for relay
- World’s Toughest Race 2019, Eco-Challenge Fiji Team Curl
- 2021 Adventure Race Mammoth, CA (36 hours, 4th place)
- 2015 Ascent of Pikes Peak, Colorado Springs
- 2016 Vic-Maui Sailing Race, Victoria BC (16 days, 2nd place)
- Trek Cycling Tour 2017, Mallorca, Spain (5 days)
- 2017 Ironman 70.3 North American Professional Championships, St. George, Utah
- 2017 Ironman Full Distance, Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
- 2019 Ironman 70.3 Santa Cruz, CA
- 2019 Odyssey Alcatraz Swim, San Francisco
- 2021 Ironman 70.3 World Championships, St. George Utah
- 2012 Adventure Race, Mammoth, CA, Team Curl (36 hours)
- 2013 Ironman Lake Tahoe (1st place, age group)
- 2014 Ironman World Championships, Kona
- Seattle to Alaska Bike Tour 2015
- 2016 Stagecoach 400 (67 hrs, 7th place)
- 2017 Arizona Trail Race 750 (197 hours, 1st place)
- 2017 Trans Northern CA 400 (52h, 2nd place)
- 2017 Stagecoach 400 (ITT 62h)
- 2019 2018 Colorado Trail Race 500 (125 hours, 5th place)
- 2019 World’s Toughest Race Eco Challenge Fiji, Team Curl
- 2020 Trans Northern CA 400 (50 hours, 1st place)
- 2021 Expedition Oregon Adventure Race (100 hours)
- Panama Expedition 2022
One Water Race: August 23-25, 2022
Teams: Max 10 three-man mixed teams, made up of women and men, from around the world.
Distance: 250 km including 200 km running and 50 km swimming.
Location: Stockholm Archipelago, Sweden
Prize money: 100,000 USD
A race on water
TV studio: https://vimeo.com/647430376
For more information, high resolution images and interview requests, please contact:
Helene Airijoki, SpoilConcept press contact, email: [email protected] or +46 73 385 03 19.
Thomas Ogander, One Water Race, email: [email protected] or +46 70 749 00 85.