Junior Accountants, Assistant Manager, Manager and Senior Manager – Dales Evans & Co Ltd
Dales Evans is based in Marylebone, London’s West End, and is a leading music and entertainment firm of accountants, business leaders and tax advisers. We currently operate a flexible work environment, subject to team requirements and workload.
Dales Evans is expanding its entertainment and business management teams and recruiting positions for junior accountants and an assistant manager, manager and senior manager. Successful candidates will be part of a day-to-day team for a range of the industry’s most exciting music clients, which the company has developed over the past 25 years. We offer a full service approach to our clients and have teams specializing in personal/corporate tax, VAT, accounting, business management, tour management, recording and music publishing royalties .
Duties and responsibilities will include:
Accounts receivable and commercial management on a daily basis, tasks including:
– Monthly bank reconciliations.
– Preparation of quarterly VAT declarations.
– Prepare ad‐hoc payroll requests such as P11Ds.
– HR payroll submissions and preparation of HMRC tax payments.
– Manage sales logs, generate invoices for touring, recording/editing, royalties and other business activities.
– Credit control.
– Prepare monthly management accounts, route accounting, management commission reports, royalty accounting and cash flow forecasts.
– Preparation of the end-of-year statutory accounts file and assistance to the accounting team.
– Currency, balances and customer treasury works.
– Preparation of bank payment cycles and supplier installments.
– Follow-up of the activities of the client household, domestic expenses.
Management of national and international tours
Including, but not limited to:
– Management and processing of tour payment cycles.
– Preparation of routing summaries, tour budgets and withholding estimates.
– Correspondence with management of clients/agents/tour staff and issuing invoices for entertainment expenses.
– Preparation of budget versus actual tour accounts, variance analysis, review of merchandise revenue and commissions payable.
– Assist in the preparation of UK FEU and international tax claims for non-resident performers and UK performers overseas.
– Review and management of accounting staff.
The Deputy Director would assist managers in this role
The senior manager is part of the management team of the company
Including, but not limited to:
– Manage a varied portfolio of approximately 20 to 30 clients ranging from independent traders to major international artists
Take care of all day-to-day management of clients’ affairs, including;
– Review of daily payment cycles
– Review of accounting work
– Examination of VAT declarations
– Review of tour accounts (budget vs actual)
– Royalty Analysis Review
– Payroll review
– Review of year-end accounts and tax returns
– Liaise directly with clients, client management, clients and suppliers
– Complete and revise budgets, cash projections, management commission reports and management accounts
– Liaise with insurance brokers to place relevant insurance for clients
– Organize the establishment of new clients, including the opening of professional bank accounts
– Ad hoc tax work
– Global tax planning in relation to international tours
– Other ad hoc work that arises
– Manage staff within the team, including training and performance reviews
Skills and Qualifications Required
– AAT/ACCA/ACA qualification, or 1+ year industry experience, appropriate to the role
– College or university degree in business/accounting, or other relevant degree
– Previous experience with Xero or other recognized accounting software
– Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software –
Dales Evans & Co Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals to pursue their professional and personal aspirations, regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age or disability. We operate a diverse and inclusive work environment where individuals can make the most of their skills.
Please apply below and for any questions email [email protected]